Update: The Return is in Sight

It has taken a few YEARS, but Studio Atelier will be re-activated soon. My studio is now functional, and I've been warming up with some sketches and watercolors. I also have been taking some online classes through the Sktchy app and from Dreama Tolle Perry.

I hope you are having fun with your art. Check back here in August for the new Studio Atelier painting challenge!

Current Painting Challenge

Silhouettes

Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Abundance of Berries


Judy
Helen Eaton
Sylvia Young
Jean Nelson
This month's inspiration photos (there are two) were taken from one of those accidental still lifes that caught my attention.  At the market, I could not resist these organic fruits - strawberries and blackberries.  After washing them thoroughly (even though they were labeled ORGANIC), I set them out onto paper towels to dry.  I thought the sunlight on them made an interesting dynamic, so I snapped a few photos.  Paint all of the berries, or just do a portrait of one...

Ready to Eat

Ready to Eat, Too
I did adjust the lighting some in "Ready to Eat" so that I could see more detail in the shadows.  As you can see, the light paper towel picks up the blues and reds of the berries that also create purple-to-red-purple hues.

By the way, those blackberries were the sweetest, most delicious I have ever tasted!  Yum.

Remember to follow the "Rules of the Road" on the right and send me your images as an attachment to your email.  The June challenge will be posted on Sunday June 10, 2012.  Thanks to everyone who participates, and good luck.   Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before they are posted. Thanks.