Update: The Return is in Sight

It has taken a few YEARS, but Studio Atelier will be re-activated soon. My studio is now functional, and I've been warming up with some sketches and watercolors. I also have been taking some online classes through the Sktchy app and from Dreama Tolle Perry.

I hope you are having fun with your art. Check back here in August for the new Studio Atelier painting challenge!

Current Painting Challenge

Silhouettes

Saturday, January 30, 2010

February Challenge - Snow Shadows

This challenge has closed.



Great job everybody!  It never ceases to amaze me how different each artist paints the same subject.
 Submittals for the Snow Shadows challenge

 



 



Horst Hittenberger


  

 
 



The deadline to submit your digital file is 
11:59 p.m. PST on February 22.

Welcome to the first challenge of Studio Atelier!

 Here we have a photo in one-point perspective from a spring cross-country ski trip in Colorado's high country.  There are lots of cool shadows and warm evergreens along the snow-covered road.





 





 


Click on the image for full-size view.

You will have three weeks to paint your interpretation of Snow Shadows and email it to me.  Make sure you follow the instructions in "Rules of the Road."  Your pictures will be posted within a few days of my receiving them.  The last day to send me your image is February 22.

Thank-you to everyone who participates.

The next challenge will be issued February 28.

Happy painting!

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I got here from Cindy's blog/website? Great fun to see lots of people do the same photo...I may visit again. Kate Cissell

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before they are posted. Thanks.