Update: The Return is in Sight

It has taken a few YEARS, but Studio Atelier will be re-activated soon. My studio is now functional, and I've been warming up with some sketches and watercolors. I also have been taking some online classes through the Sktchy app and from Dreama Tolle Perry.

I hope you are having fun with your art. Check back here in August for the new Studio Atelier painting challenge!

Current Painting Challenge

Silhouettes

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Silhouettes

Pascal Kirchmair

Sylvia Young

Charlotte Tanner
Jean Nelson
Barbara Bradbury
#   #   #   #   #

Living on the edge of the foothills west of Denver, I have seen many beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I love watching the progression of the light as it changes from the first hint of the new day on the horizon, to the full emergence of the sun in the morning sky.
Winter Sunrise
Here we have silhouettes of aspen trees backdropped by a January sunrise. Which is the real star of this image - the trees or the colorful sky? You decide.  Use this as your inspiration for a painting, or perhaps you have your own silhouettes to paint.

Remember to follow the "Rule of the Road" on the right, submitting a digital image of your painting or drawing as an attachment when you send it to me in an email.  We're continuing with no deadline on submittals, so do what you can, when you can, and send me your pictures.




2 comments:

All comments will be moderated before they are posted. Thanks.